Sharp Serialization XML Document format versus original XSD confirmant XML format....

Nov 22, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Hi all,

I am new here, so hello all.

Just started using SharpSerializer(ShSe) which shows excellent potential. I am using it in an ASP.NET MVC application to build up a document. I have modelled the document via a XSD Schema. I have converted this XSD to a Class. I can then instantiate this class, populate with data, serialize and deserialize with no problems.

Since I am new to the SharpSerializer I had "assumed" that it was serializing back to the original XML format, but of course it uses its own generic "property" based format.

My XML IDE can generate sample XML files from the XSD, and I was hoping to seed some objects with this data, by deserializing this Sample XML file. Because the file is different it will not work. To make it work I would need to transform it to the "SharpSerializer" format,  and normally one would use XSLT for this.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me please? Perhaps I have missed a setting in ShSe? The only other way I can see is to write a custom writer, but that sounds a little too involved.

Many thanks,

Ed

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2012 at 6:03 AM

hi Ed,

SharpSerializer can deserialize only its own format. Creating your own Deserializer would be too big overhead in this case:
http://www.sharpserializer.com/en/tutorial/index.html#a36

I would search for the solution in the documentation to your XML IDE. If it serializes objects, it must be possible to deserialize them too.